What Is Identity Theft Recovery Coverage?
If you or someone you know has ever dealt with identity theft, you know it can be an enormous expense of time and money to get things back to normal. Identity Recovery Coverage (IDR) is designed to help you through the process of recovering your stolen information, correcting your credit score and personal records, and covering costs associated with the information theft. IDR is available for a very low premium, and can easily be added to your pre-existing homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy.
Our IDR case managers can assist you with:
- Contacting and writing letters on your behalf to credit bureaus, government agencies, and law enforcement
- Ordering copies of your credit report to review recent activity
- Closing accounts that you believe have been tampered with
- Providing legal referrals for assistance with court appearances, etc.
- Keeping detailed records of the progress of your case
Associated costs we cover include:
- Lost wages due to dealing with the identity theft
- Certain legal fees; for example, your defense costs if a lawsuit is brought against you by a creditor
- Phone Calls
- Re-filing of requests for loans, credit applications, and other documentation